Auto Insurance Information
Serving Lexington, Louisville, Somerset, Bardstown, Nicholasville, Frankfort, Richmond & more
Driving comes with various risks, and many can be financially burdensome without proper coverage. Auto insurance is an agreement between you and your insurer in which you will be assisted financially following a covered incident, such as a collision or vandalism. In exchange for financial assistance, you pay an auto insurance premium. Our First Insurance Group agents are here to help you navigate your coverage needs.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
A general auto insurance policy typically includes the following:
- Liability insurance helps insure you against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck. Kentucky drivers are required to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and in some cases, death).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their vehicle.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage helps provide coverage for medical expenses, lost wages, or essential services expenses that you may incur if you’re injured in an accident. Kentucky drivers are required to carry minimum amounts of PIP coverage. Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.
Essential coverage depends on various factors, such as car model and location. Be sure to contact our agency to learn more about potential coverages to include in your policy.
Get Started with Personal Auto Insurance
At First Insurance Group, we’re here to help you sort through auto policies to help you choose an option that best suits your driving habits. Contact an agent to get started with personal auto insurance today.
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.