Most people are interested in getting a bargain, especially when it comes to shopping for car insurance. Before settling for just any “deal,” take a look at these five auto insurance discounts and ask your independent agent if you’re eligible to receive them.
- Multi-policy discount: Bundling your insurance into a multi-policy with a single insurer is an easy way to save. You can either bundle several cars together or you can bundle your car, home and any other policies you may have, such as life or boat insurance.
- Safe driving discount: Safe driving reduces your risk of getting into an accident, which makes it a very important aspect of calculating auto insurance premiums. Save drivers are likely to pay significantly less than drivers with a marred record. And, if you take a safe driving course, you not only learn applicable skills, but you can save even more. Why? Insurers reward less risky drivers, plain and simple.
- Good student discount: Insurance companies tend to reward good behavior presented by minimally risky customers. Students who keep their grades above a certain level are generally more responsible, which can translate to their time spent on the road. Therefore, good students may be eligible for an auto insurance discount.
- Paid-in-full discount: Rather than paying your premium monthly, pay it in full annually. Insurance providers can earn more money on annual payments paid at the beginning of each term, so they often offer discounts as an incentive for doing so.
- EFT discount: Transferring your premium payments directly from your bank account to the insurance provider is fast, easy and cost-effective—for both you and the company. For this reason, you may be offered a discount for paying in this fashion.
You may never know if you qualify for auto insurance discounts until you ask your independent agent. Who knows? You may even qualify for other discounts that aren’t on this list.
Learn how to save today. Call First Insurance Group at 502-348-5921 for more information on Louisville auto insurance.